So I trimmed our Lemongrass recently... It was HUGE! And smelled DIVINE while trimming!
Lemongrass did you know?
- Good for digestion
- Full of antioxidants, is anti-inflammatory & anti-microbial
- Regulates high blood pressure
- Boosts metabolism and burns fat
- For naturally great skin and hair
- Heals cold and flu
- Can help regulate cholesterol and weight
- Relieves menstrual pain
So that lemongrass bush hiding in your garden is actually very helpful!
The tender part of the bottom third of lemongrass is edible; it can be sliced or pounded after the tough outer leaves or layers are removed. Once the fibrous inner stem is finely, finely sliced, you can add it raw to salads or any Asian dishes.
To make a tea:
- cut the stalks into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- boil a cup of water
- pour the boiling water over the lemongrass stalks to steep
- leave the stalks in the water for at least 5 minutes
- strain the liquid from the stalks and pour into a teacup
Adding ice cubes will create a cold lemongrass tea.
Start with one cup of lemongrass tea per day, then add more over the next days if you wish to.
Posted: Wednesday 15 July 2020