We are still open & shipping orders out, having had clearance by MPI, with sanitation and toiletry essentials.
Kia kaha, Nitya & Kyle 💚
Zero waste tip - How to make paneer/curd 😋
Who else loves paneer/curd with dinner??
But the handy Gopala paneer comes in plastic packaging. (I've emailed asking if they would move to a better alternative but haven't yet heard back)
So... here's how to make your own! It's super easy, takes about 15-20mins only, yum!
1- Heat to boil 2L of raw/organic milk (full cream is best)
2- Take off heat and add approx 1/3 tspn citric acid.
3- Stir gently, leave a few mins, then gradually add 1/4 tspn lots of citric acid until milk has fully separated and you can see the solids and yellow/green whey.
(The quicker you add the citric acid, the firmer the curd will be)
4- Pour into sieve and leave to sit for as long as you can before adding to dinner (usually around 1 hour for us because we can't wait any longer!).
5- Tip out of sieve and cut into squares.
6- Lightly fry in pan in ghee/coconut oil until golden brown (optional).
7- Stir into any curry or other meal and enjoy, YUM!
8 - Don't waste the very nutritious whey! Use it as part of the curry, cook rice with half whey & half water, add to soups etc.
This incredible liquid whey is loaded with natural proteins and has several health benefits:
• Builds muscle strength.
• Provides cellular energy.
• Improves immunity.
• Prevents diseases like cancer and HIV.
• Lowers blood pressure to healthy levels without side effects, unlike blood pressure medications.
• Reduces the risk of thrombosis, thereby helping to prevent heart attacks and strokes.
• Improves prostate health and prevents prostate cancer.
• Promotes healthy gut bacteria and inhibits harmful bacteria.
• Cleanses the bladder and helps prevent bladder infections.
• Corrects hormonal imbalances.
• Slows down ageing.
• Promotes weight loss.
• Improves digestion, in a manner similar to fibre.
• Supports healthy kidney function.
Let us know how you get on!
Nitya, Kyle, Sarai and Tara x
Posted: Wednesday 27 June 2018