A beautiful blend of natural healing herbs, oils, vitamin F and lysine to help prevent and heal cold sores.
With a delicious scent of lemonbalm, it comes in either a compostable cardboard push-up tube or a compostable cardboard pot.
Cold sores can develop due to a lowered immune system due to stress or illness, or heavy sunburn on lips. You can tell when they start because of the tingly sensation on your lips. If cold sores are treated at this stage, it is possible to keep them from erupting. Once developed, these natural ingredients can help ease the pain as well as shorten the duration!
- Lemon balm - with its antiviral properties, helps to speed the healing of cold sores caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), and reduce symptoms when applied topically as a cream, and with less pain. In one study of 116 people with HSV, those who applied lemon balm cream to their lip sores experienced significant improvement in redness and swelling after only 2 days.
- St. John’s Wort - another anti-viral herb, it can decrease the number of outbreaks a person experiences; taken at the first sign of an outbreak, it can help to shorten the duration.
- Calendula - is as an mild anti-viral, an anti-inflammatory, as well an antibacterial agent. Calendula is a wonderful wound healer.
- Comfrey - acts as an emollient, and helps to form a protective layer on the skin. Comfrey helps to heal skin tissue quickly.
- Chickweed - has an anti-itch action. Once applied to the skin, chickweed will help stop the itch within minutes.
- Tulsi - Tulsi is a natural immune booster, which strengthens your body’s defences. A study found that tulsi had an inhibitory effect on the herpes pathogen at various stages of the virus’ development.
- Lysine - Lysine supplements may help prevent HSV-1 from replicating and reduce the duration of a cold sore. It’s thought that lysine blocks another amino acid called arginine, which HSV-1 needs in order to multiply. One study found that applying a cream with lysine, herbs, vitamins and zinc cleared cold sores in 40% of people by day three and in 87% by day six.
- Plantain - reduces ulceration, is very soothing and accelerates healing.
- Licorice - Licorice contains anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties, and an acid found in licorice root has been shown in studies to stop the cold sore virus cells from spreading and counteract symptoms. It's also shown the ability to weaken the cold sore virus which lies dormant in the skin between outbreaks.
- Vitamin F from flaxseed oil - Vitamin F is actually essential fatty aids, two of the most important being linoleic and alpha-linolenic. Flax seed oil is the richest source. Though a strong immune system is a good start for preventing outbreaks, so is monitoring your balance of vitamin D and correlating vitamin F and calcium levels.
- Red Raspberry seed oil - acts as a nourishing anti-inflammatory that helps absorbs the sun's rays. It is anti-inflammatory so it can help issues such as rashes and itchy inflamed skin, has a high antioxidant content, which may help rejuvenate damaged skin, improve elasticity, smooth wrinkles and fine lines, as well as being highly effective at moisturising the skin.
- Hyssop oil - the compounds in hyssop essential oil have been found effective for speeding up a cold sore’s recovery time and decreases viral activity.
- Lavender oil - Lavender oil is naturally antiviral but it also has properties that promote the rapid and scar free healing of the skin so not only will it attack the HSV-1 virus, it will also help the skin to heal naturally if the cold sore appears.
- Tea tree oil - has antiviral, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It counteracts HSV and helps to dry out the cold sore, bringing major relief, fast.
Ingredients: organic cocoa butter, beeswax, organic coconut oil, st. johns wort oil, organic tulsi oil, vegetable lanolin, active manuka honey, organic calendula & kawakawa oil, plantain oil, raspberry seed oil, licorice extract, comfrey oil, lemonbalm, hyssop, lavender & manuka essential oils, vitamin D, lysine.