We are still open & shipping orders out, having had clearance by MPI, with sanitation and toiletry essentials.
Kia kaha, Nitya & Kyle 💚
This probiotic charcoal face mask is now a concentrated powder, with a gentle and delicious vanilla and tea tree scent. Simply add a little water to your concentrate, mix well, and then apply to your face, leaving your skin feeling super cleansed, naturally.
- Organic activated charcoal is cleansing and absorbs impurities on the skin. When used in a face mask, activated charcoal binds to dirt and helps pull it out of your pores, making them less visible (it's the oil and dirt that makes them appear bigger). This leaves your face feeling fresh. (Use it with an exfoliating scrub to get the dead skin off and experience an even deeper clean.)
- Organic bentonite clay helps to remove toxins from your pores, allows skin to heal and reduces inflammation. Bentonite clay helps in the lightening of acne marks on the face, and it can help heal the skin and reduce inflammation and redness.
- Organic turmeric powder can help reduce acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, wrinkles and dark circles under the eyes, and scars. The anti-inflammatory qualities can target your pores and calm the skin. Turmeric is also known to reduce scarring.
- Super greens are packed full of nutrient rich goodies and help restore moisture and firmness, boost skin tone and texture and deliver a burst of essential fatty acid.
- Camu camu berries contain about 30 times the amount of vitamin C found in oranges. They're also rich in ellagic acid, an antioxidant that can help protect skin against free radicals. Camu camu is also jam-packed with other vitamins and minerals including iron, niacin, riboflavin, phosphorus, potassium, beta-carotene, calcium, and amino acids. So basically, they're a superfood for your face (though it's worth noting that you can eat them, too, if you want).
- Aloe vera powder provides a protective layer to the skin which helps retain moisture. Aloe is also rich in antioxidants and minerals which can help speed healing.
- Algin is derived from the extracts of brown seaweed. Due to its rich consistency and makeup, it is moisturising and remineralising for the skin, improves cell metabolism and skin elasticity. Algae is also an antioxidant, meaning it protects your skin from free radicals that cause premature aging.
- Calcium lactate promotes wound healing - when tissue is injured, including broken bones, minor scrapes, mouth sores, and serious wounds, calcium is one of the most important minerals needed for repair. In wound repair, calcium helps form a kind of cellular cement, whether for bones, skin, muscles, tendons, or blood vessels.
- Skin specific probotics: the skin is naturally home to beneficial flora that protect the skin from pathogens and regulate inflammation, but these friendly populations of bacteria can be disturbed through harsh soaps and other environmental toxins. Restoring beneficial bacteria through probiotic lotions or spot treatments appears to reduce skin inflammation from the outside, thus improving acne.
In patients with acne and rosacea, living microorganisms on the skin are recognized as foreign by the body’s immune system. The immune system springs into action to counter this potential threat resulting in the inflammation, redness, or bumps common in these skin conditions.
Probiotics applied topically sit on the skin’s surface and prevent the skin cells from seeing the bad bacteria and parasites that can cause this immune system response. This is known as “bacterial interference,” as probiotics protect the skin and interfere with the ability of bad bugs (or bacteria and parasites) to provoke an immune reaction.
Apply this probiotic charcoal face mask every few days or as required. Simply add 1 part charcoal face mask concentrate powder to 1.5 parts water, mix well. Moisten face with a cloth and spread the prepared charcoal face mask over your face, avoiding eyes, nose and mouth. Leave to just dry (no longer), then wash off with a warm cloth. Follow with pure rose toner or sacha inchi facial oil, then natural moisturiser.
Ingredients: Organic bentonite clay, activated charcoal (from coconut), organic supergreens, camu camu, organic turmeric powder, aloe vera powder, topical probiotics, algin, calcium lactate, vanilla-infused jojoba oil and tea tree essential oil.