A pure organic coconut oil hand-made soap that can be used as-is for pre-treating stains, hand washing, or grated to be used as a “powdered” homemade laundry soap.
For dishwashing, sit a bar of organic coconut soap under the flow of water as the sink fills to create bubbles, or make your own detergent with recipe below!
You can also use it for general cleaning around the house by either rubbing a scrubby sponge over the bars of soap, or by dissolving some soap into a spray bottle. It works great for cleaning kitchens and bathrooms!
Grate the bar of organic coconut soap & once grated, you can use it in your washing machine, in the laundry compartment directly, or dissolve it and use it as you would a liquid laundry detergent.
You can also use this soap to wash hands and body to clean grime off; after gardening for instance! But long-term use of pure coconut soap can be drying on skin, which is why we recommend this soap to be used in the laundry.
Making laundry powder 1:
- Grate the bar soap or mix in food processor until finely ground.
- In a large bowl, mix 2 parts washing soda, 2 parts Borax and 1 part grated soap.
- Store in closed container.
- Use 1/8 to 1/4 cup per load of laundry.
Making laundry powder 2:
- 1 cup grated laundry soap
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup washing soda crystals
- 1 Tbspn oxygen bleach
- 20 drops essential oil of choice if you want more scent
Natural Liquid Dish Soap Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp borax
- 1/2 cup grated organic coconut soap
- 15-20 drops essential oils, optional
- Heat water to boiling.
- Combine borax and coconut soap in a medium bowl. Pour hot water over the mixture. Whisk until the grated soap is completely melted.
- Allow mixture to cool on the countertop for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a squirt bottle, and add essential oils (if using). Shake well to combine.
P.S. Body soap, liquid castile soap & others are coming soon, plus new scents!
Ingredients: saponified organic raw coconut oil, pure water, essential oils. (saponified coconut oil has been mixed with lye, a necessary ingredient to make soap, although no lye remains in the soap after making).