Creamy & lightly spearminty, this natural toothpaste is easily used by kids. Naturally healthy for little teeth & gums.
Simply use a little on your toothbrush as you would other toothpaste!
- Contrary to it's bright yellow colour, organic turmeric is an ancient tooth-whitener and is incredibly good for gums. It is highly recommended for it's anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have evaluated the effectiveness of turmeric in controlling gingival inflammation & found it beneficial for the use of effectively treating gingivitis and reducing inflammation.
- Healing organic Bentonite clay is a polishing cleanser that has been used for centuries. It binds to and draws out heavy metals and toxins (a huge plus for the mouth!), but it is alkaline and full of minerals. Bentonite clay is also known to have an abundance of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron and potassium.
- Baking soda is a stain remover, whitener, gentle abrasive that helps to remove plaque and polish, clean, and deodorize your teeth, plus it's antimicrobial, and contains tons of minerals. Baking soda is not too abrasive for teeth, as this study shows.
- Organic Coconut oil attacks the harmful bacteria in your mouth. It can reduce plaque buildup, prevent tooth decay and fight gum disease. For these reasons, oil pulling or brushing your teeth with coconut oil can significantly improve oral and dental health.
Organic kawakawa (Macropiper excelsum, Māori Pepper Tree) is a traditional Rongoā Māori treatment used for toothache, plus it is anti-inflammatory.
- Preliminary studies show that using Peppermint and/or Spearmint oil for
oral hygiene can help delay the process of gum disease and gingivitis.
Using these oils in combination with normal routines such as brushing
and flossing can actually help delay the process of gum disease and
gingivitis. While it is not solely a contributor for reversing the
disease, there are properties within the oils that have been found to be
calming and relaxing to the tissue. We found that there actually is a
decrease in the bleeding when you would normally brush and floss. It
helps increase some of the circulation to the gums so the blood flow to
the gums is increased making the gums easier to keep clean and certainly
more comfortable. And peppermint/spearmint oils have antibacterial
properties which can also help reduce the incidents of the bacteria
that’s found within gum disease and also tooth decay.
Ingredients: Distilled water, organic bentonite clay, turmeric powder, organic extra virgin raw coconut oil, organic sodium bicarbonate, organic stevia herb, organic kawakawa oil, spearmint essential oil, concentrated mineral drops, totarol (from totara wood).